Thursday, March 13, 2008

Severed Fingers of Kidnapped Westerners Sent to U.S. Officials

Thursday , March 13, 2008

A senior U.S. official confirmed to FOX News that the severed fingers of five Western hostages were delivered to U.S. government officials in Iraq, giving the men's relatives hope that they are still alive.

The Austrian weekly magazine News first reported the delivery of the five fingers in Wednesday's edition, citing unidentified authorities working on the case.

One of the kidnap victims in Iraq was a University of Florida student. The hostages have been missing for more than a year and U.S. authorities in Baghdad recently were sent their severed fingers.

Four of the men had been working as contractors when they were captured in a brazen ambush of their 43-truck supply convoy on Nov. 16, 2006.

The men were working for Crescent Security Group, a Kuwait-based private security company. They were kidnapped by men in Iraqi police uniforms who ambushed the convoy they were escorting near the southern city of Safwan.

Patrick Reuben, a Minneapolis police officer whose twin brother, Paul Reuben, is among the missing, said late Wednesday the FBI told his family that "the fingers were confirmed to be those of the hostages."

Did you hear about this on the TV??? Didn't think so.

No comments:

Blog Archive

BTTS - Where Personal Responsibilty is the EXPECTED NORM!